Why choose St. Gabriel Episcopal School for your child’s Preschool or Prekindergarten?
- Episcopal Schools have a long tradition of excellence. We are Episcopal-based and embrace all faith traditions.
- We are centrally located in the Bethany area on West Union Road within 2.3 miles of eight elementary schools: Bethany, Rock Creek, Springville, Oak Hills, Jacob Wismer, Lenox, McKinley and Findley.
- We provide an innovative and creative child-centered program based on the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education.
- Our lead teachers are educated in Early Childhood Development and have extensive teaching experience. All teachers attend additional yearly professional development.
- Our Atelier “enrichment specialist” offers additional long-term art and leaning experiences to students in all classrooms.
- Our school is non-profit and our mission is to provide our community with quality educational opportunities.
- We are creating a community of learning and support where children, families and teachers work and play together and form lasting friendships.
- Parents are the most important people in a child’s life. Parental involvement bridges a child’s life from home to school. Their participation in a child’s education positively affects a child’s school performance, fostering higher academic achievement and greater social and emotional development.
At SGES, we welcome and encourage family involvement in the classroom, field trips, community events and other volunteer projects. Here are a few things our parents have said from their time at SGES:
St. Gabriel has been our rock during the preschool years for my two girls. The school constantly stretching the kids’ imaginations and opens up their interests in learning in ways that I feel I would not have been able to do in the same way at home. Building a community among their classmates, my girls learned how to navigate social situations, as well as what it takes to get along with others and what it means to be a friend. While you don’t overhear memorization or other types of more traditional teaching methods, the kids are well prepared for grade school. As my oldest has completed her Kindergarten year, I was so pleased at how well prepared she was at the beginning of the year! Our time at St. Gabriel has come to an end, but it was a wonderful experience and such a wonderful “start” to the school experience. Our family gives St. Gabriel our highest recommendations and the school and everyone who has worked there will always hold a special place in our memories and hearts. ~Michelle, June 2018
“St. Gabriel Episcopal School offers a great Reggio-based environment with a full spectrum of materials and experiences. The curriculum is tailored to the children; the inquiries they have and the topics they want to explore deeper. The program is reasonably priced and the teachers are engaged in my child’s success. This is demonstrated through the portfolios and consistent communication. Our daughter has developed friendships with other students, and teachers, due to the close-knit community fostered at the school. She has also learned good verbal conflict resolution skills and, at her request is now attending five days a week.” ~ Christina
“Our family is so grateful to have found St. Gabriel Episcopal School. The list of things we love about the school is long, from the wonderful, engaging materials in the classroom to the sense of community among parents. I think what matters most to us, though, is knowing that our daughter is not just cared-for but known for who she is and who she is becoming. Her teachers really know her – her interests, her learning style, her personality, her strengths, and the skills she’s still working on developing. They make her feel comfortable while at the same time gently helping her grow. The teaching staff has a plan, not just for “kids generally of this age,” (which is what we found at so many schools we visited) but for each student individually. And it makes such a difference.” ~ Kristin
“Our daughter loves attending St. Gabriel Episcopal School and looks forward to going every day. The Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum allows her to express her creativity in ways that are natural to a four-year old, whether painting, drawing or working with clay. Students also get to spend a lot of time outdoors exploring and learning about nature, which she also enjoys. Her experience at St. Gabriel is preparing her for success as a kindergartner.” ~ Michelle
See the complete list of parent quotes by downloading the PDF.