Students and families, please join us for a playground work party on Thursday May 2nd from 12:00-1:30. Bring a lunch and let the kids play and help out!
It’s the time of year again to schedule a playground work party. We have been patiently waiting for the weather to improve and have a list of ideas and projects we would like to complete.
In the past we have done work parties on the weekends, It’s not always easy to get a big turn out, but we have been successful with the families that could make it. We are going to try scheduling our work party after our school day. We know many of you stay after and sometimes let the kids play, so why not turn it into a work party and get a few things done?
Here is our to do list:
- hang shade cloth on lower playground (need a few materials to attach to building and fence to secure it.)
- create a music wall (looking for anytime that makes sound and can be hung up. Many of these walls on pinterest are made from household materials.)
- plexi glass for art wall (need to purchase)
- secure fence. ( last week it became detached in area on lower playground)
- add sand to box- (need to buy)
- overall clean-up, remove broken materials and refresh.
Either way, kids could bring a lunch, play and help out!
Let’s hope for blue sky and sunshine so we don’t have to reschedule!